St. George's International School (“The School”)
Address: Chemin de St-Georges 19, 1815 Clarens, Switzerland
Phone number: +41 21 964 34 11
St. George's International School is part of Inspired Education Holdings Limited, (“Inspired Education Group”), a company registered in England with number 09268120 and registered address in Sixth Floor, 3 Burlington Gardens, London, W1S 3EP, United Kingdom. Inspired operates numerous affiliated schools globally via its regional offices in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
This policy is drafted in accordance with the new Act on Federal Data Protection (“nFADP”), September 1, 2023 which implements the European General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of April 27, 2016 regarding the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (“GDPR”).
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at the address firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries on the processing of your personal data.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
We process personal data from our students and their families and / or legally competent representatives and also from our employees, candidates, suppliers, contractors, prospective customers and third parties interested in finding out more about our School.
- The personal data processed are mainly the following:
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact details;
- Nationality, location and language;
- Family details;
- Safeguarding information (such as court orders and professional involvement)
- Education and employment data;
- Images, audio and video recordings, including CCTV footage (video images);
- Financial information;
- Educational centres previously attended.
- Other types of data we may collect and process, according to the school purposes, are related to health condition, criminal records and other sensitive information related to an individual, such as:
- Information about health status or provision of health care linked to a specific individual;
- Behavioural information;
- Special educational needs
- Criminal records linked to a specific individual;
- Biometric information;
- Sexual identity.
- Candidates’ information:
If you want to send us your CV through the section “Careers”, you will have to create an account to make use of the employment platform and to send us your employment application. Your information will be shared with Inspired Education Group as the owner of the platform Global Careers Site in the terms exposed at: https://careers.inspirededu.com/data-privacy-statement and incorporated in the files owned by St. George's International School. Our Human Resources department will process your data with the purpose to include your candidacy in our selection processes.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
St. George's International School collects information in several ways, including:
- Personally and over the phone;
- Through our website’s forms;
- Through the cookies used at our website;
- By email and hand delivery paper documentation including job applications, letters, enrolment and consent forms among others;
- Through online tools, such as apps, educational platforms and other software used by the School;
- Through any CCTV cameras located at our premises or sites;
- Through third parties, such as legal representatives, or authorities working on behalf of the data subject;
4. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
4.1. Our School processes personal data to lawfully and legitimately carry out the school’s educational activity. St. George's International School collects and keeps individuals’ information when necessary to:
- Attend properly your enquiries;
- Ensure that the student meets our School’s admission criteria;
- Provide educational services including the support of pupil learning, monitor and report on pupil progress;
- Dispense appropriate guidance for educational options;
- Provide to the students welfare and pastoral care services;
- Manage the application and services for our Camps and other School’s activities;
- To provide to the students medical and nurse attention, catering service, school transportation, among other necessary services;
- Meet the educational, social, physical and emotional requirements of the student;
- Support Parent Portal platform;
- Enable parents/guardians to be contacted in the case of emergency or in the case of school closure, or to inform parents of their child’s educational progress or about school events, etc.
- Celebrate school’s achievements and to keep a record of the history of the school, St. George's International School may take photographs and recorded images of students to be shared in, e.g., yearbooks, Inspired and / or our School’s website and social networks, etc, always based on informed consent from parents or students of legal age;
- Send commercial communications if previously requested and authorised by the data subject. Commercial communications will include newsletters and advertising communications through e-mail or any other electronic or physical means, present or future, which enables such commercial communication. You will be able to unsubscribe by clicking the option included in this kind of communications;
- Manage the activities in the Alumni and Parents Liaison Groups.
4.2. In the case of a CV received through our email, we will process the data with the purpose to include your candidacy in our open positions in the terms described in section 2.
5. LAWFUL BASIS TO PROCESS YOUR DATA
We process your data based on Article 6 of the GDPR. We rely on your informed consent to collect and process your data for the purposes to perform a contract or to include your candidacy in our selection processes. We have also to comply with the legal obligations that derive from our business activity. We may also process your data on the basis of our legitimate interest to comply with such obligations and to send you our commercial communications about our activities, always under your consent.
6. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
As a School, we may be lawfully required to share personal information with relevant authorities or third parties as permitted on statutory grounds, to comply with legal obligations or on the basis of a specific consent given by the individual concerned.
We will ensure that, where relevant, contractual safeguards are implemented to ensure the protection of your personal data when disclosing your personal data to a third party. For example, we will enter into data processing agreements and standard contractual clauses with relevant parties (providing for restrictions on the use of your personal data and obligations with respect to the protection and security of your personal data).
The parties to whom we may disclose your personal data as above referred may be located in countries outside the school’s location, including countries which may offer a lower level of data protection.
In such cases, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure adequate protection of your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Your personal data shall be neither rented nor sold to third parties.
7. CONSERVATION OF DATA
Personal information will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless for a longer time for public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes. Once the personal information is no longer required or permitted to be retained for legal or business purposes, it will be destroyed or made anonymous.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
According to Chapter 4 of nFADP and Chapter 3, Articles 12 to 23 GDPR, you have the right to:
- Be informed, at the time when personal data is collected, about the data processing.
- Access the information we process and how we process it as well as to obtain a copy of the personal data considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Ask for the erasing of the personal data we hold about you without undue delay considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain the rectification and correction of your personal data providing a supplementary statement;
- Obtain restriction of processing of your personal data when it is inaccurate, illegal, unnecessary or not verified, considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain data portability of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This allows the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data has been provided;
- Not to be subject of automated profiling when such profiling produces legal effects or similarly significantly affects you;
- Object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
- Withdraw your consent at any time and freely to the processing of your personal data. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You can exercise your rights by sending a written request, along with a copy of your ID card, to our Data Protection Officer’s email address email@example.com .
Our School will not collect and process data from children under legal age. Parental consent or a valid authorisation of a legal tutor or representative will be always required.
10. STORING AND SECURING INFORMATION
The School shall use the proper technical and organisational measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and privacy of the personal data, preventing from unauthorised access or unlawful processing as well as accidental loss, destruction or damage of the files.
11. COMMON USE WITH SOCIAL NETWORKS
This website contains links to other websites such as platforms (iSams) or social networks like Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and LinkdIn. Our School is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. You should be aware that the processing of your personal information is carried out by those sites and governed by their respective privacy policies.
If you do not want these sites to collect and process your information, please review their corresponding privacy policies and / or disconnect from it before using our Services.
12. COOKIES USED IN OUR WEBSITE
The Web server is allowed to remember some data concerning the user, such as his preferences for visiting the pages of this server, name and password, products that are more interesting, etc.
The Cookies that we use in our website and that require informed consent by the user are the functional cookies and the targeting cookies. Consent is not required for required cookies, which are those of a technical nature necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user.
You can find more information about our Cookies policy at: https://www.stgeorges.ch/cookies-policy.
You can send your request or claim to the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (“FDPIC”), addressed at Feldeggweg 1, CH - 3003 Berne Switzerland or by fax to: 058 465 99 96 or visiting the site: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/deredoeb/kontakt.html.
14. PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
The School may need to update this privacy notice periodically, so we recommend that you review this information from time to time.
This version was last updated in August 2023.