Contract type : Indeterminate
Location : Clarens (VD), Switzerland
Languages : English & French
Start date : January 2022
Reports to : Principal
St. George’s International School is looking to appoint a Vice Principal to support the Principal and serve as a member of the Senior Strategy Team (SST), in the management, operation and leadership of the school. This position includes the academic and pastoral leadership of the Senior School (Years 10-13), including leadership of the IBDP.
Main responsibilities include:
Leadership: work in collaboration with the Principal, SST, and the Board as well as the members of the SST, Educational Leadership Team (ELT) and Heads of Faculty (HoF). In conjunction with the Principal and Academic teams, be responsible for the preparation of documents for accreditation purposes (IB, CIS), establish and implement clear policies and practices for all aspects of pupil achievement in accordance with school policies.
Community and outreach: understand the local and international market, seek opportunities to enhance and enrich school life.
Senior School: responsible for Years 10-13 and the educational provision, establish and ensure high professional standards, oversee the performance of staff delivering the year 10-13 teaching program, (IGCSE and IB).
IB DP Coordinator: lead the IB programme, ensure teachers, parents and students understand the curriculum and assessment requirements of the Diploma Programmme.
Who you are:
- Senior Leader or an experienced Middle Leader who is ready for career progression.
- Think strategically
- Evaluate options
- Find the best solution to problems, taking full account of the views of others
- Implement changes that lead to improvements in pupil outcomes
- Take difficult decisions, when these are in the best interests of pupils
- Show leadership to staff, parents and pupils.
- Strong knowledge of the Years 10-13 curriculum and IB and CIS accreditation
- Know how to implement an effective pupil progress framework
- Work with data to drive pupil outcomes.
- Passionate about education
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish professional, effective working relationships with a range of partners/colleagues and pupils
- Calm under pressure
- Good sense of humour.
Who we are:
St George’s International School is a Day & Boarding private School, located in a beautiful environment on the shores of Lake Geneva in Montreux. It has 400 students and offers a wide array of educational options, from the Early Learning School to the International Baccalaureate. It is part of the Inspired Group.
Inspired is a premium schools group that owns 70 schools on 5 continents and educates over 50,000 students.
A definitive statement of excellence in private education, Inspired is a co-educational, non-denominational, independent school group designed to inspire students to achieve their maximum potential in a nurturing, progressive academic environment from ages 1 to 18.
Do you want to join us? We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Please apply to email@example.com with CV and cover letter.