Head of Summer Camp
St. George’s International School are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic Summer Camp Director who will plan, coordinate and oversee the overall camp programme. He/she is responsible for communicating with parents, guardians, teachers, and counsellors and other camp staff prior, during, and after the summer camp.
Background Required and Qualifications
• Must have several years in a position of responsibility in Education.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others.
• Possesses good leadership abilities, management and organizational skills.
• Patient, enthusiastic, self-controlled and dependable.
• English mother tong or C1 level, French a plus.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Report each week on numbers of leads, applications and enrolments.
• Regular meetings with Inspired Camps project Leader.
• Ensure enrolment procedures are carried out correctly and all paper work is in place.
• Develop camp policies, rules, and guidelines.
• Book Plan and Research all activities for the camp.
• Ensure operating budget for the camp is controlled.
• Collaborates with staff on classrooms, meeting facilities, recreational facilities, housing needs, and other university facilities that are needed for the camp.
• Collaborates with the Camp Programme Director on the scheduling of classroom, sports, and evening activities.
• Oversees the development of the camp programme and approve all camp activities.
• Hires, disciplines, supervises and terminates camp staff.
• Conducts Risk Management training and background checks.
• Organizes and coordinates the campers’ selection process.
• Produces forms, letters and pertinent documents needed for the implementation of the camp.
• Handles questions, problems and concerns of parents/guardians before and during camp.
• Establishes a procedure for handling all difficulties related to health, behaviour and other problems.
• Monitors and ensures appropriate student behaviour and adherence to camp rules and regulations.
• Schedules group meetings with staff as needed.
• Works closely, cooperatively and amicably with all staff members.
• Handles emergency situations in conjunction with team.
• Assesses the overall programme to see if there are any changes that need to be made.
• Completes and/or oversees the completion of all documents (agreement, schedules, programme evaluation, information management system, etc.)
• Seeks advice and/or assistance from project leader of Inspired Summer Camps when needed.
Time commitment – 40% (20% on January, 40% on February & March, 80% on April, May & June, 100% on July, 40% on August).
Start date: January 10th, 2022.
Please apply, sending a copy of your CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 24th September 2021.
Please note that only candidates who are shortlisted will be notified.