Discover St. George’s library resources
Heritage Cirqa: This is St. George’s Library Management system. Visit this site to search the school library print book collection.
JSTOR: This is an electronic database of books, academic journal articles, and primary resources. This resource is for St. George’s students, and requires login details.
Encyclopaedia Britannica School: This is St. George’s subscription version of Encyclopaedia Britannica. It is specifically for students.
Guide des Bibliothèques: A directory with links to all the public libraries in Suisse Romande.
The English Library- Vevey: A private, membership-based lending library with books and audio materials in English.
“What should I read next?”
WorldCat Genres: Browse fiction genres for titles, authors, subjects, characters, locations, etc. Ranked by popularity.
Whichbook: Recommendations are based on appeal factors chosen by users.
Book Trust: Explore recommendations for teens by BookTrust, the largest reading charity in the UK.
Goodreads Teen Book Lists: User-based lists of books, reviews, and recommendations categorized by genre.
KidsReads: Information about children’s books and authors- for ages 6 to 13.
British Library: The Online Gallery of the British Library offers a rich variety of virtual books, materials, and exhibits.
Username and password hints
- Library catalog: No username or password is necessary.
- JSTOR: Everybody has the same user name and password.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica: Everybody has the same id.
- iSams Pupil Portal desktop version, not the mobile app (pupils.stgeorges.ch): Use your personal school id and password.
- Papercut (papercut.stgeorges.ch): username is your school email address. Password is assigned, but you can change it.
Library satisfaction survey
Please click on the following links to complete the 2017-2018 library satisfaction survey.